[Server-devel] updates

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 28 11:24:59 EST 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 15:24 +1300, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:

> > No, the issue is that anaconda, for F9, doesn't have the kernel modules
> > in the initrd, F10 does. Both fail to add the CF card to the
> > partitioning screen, thus making them unavailable as install targets.
>
> Hmmm, ok. But how did dsd get F9 "release" installed on a CF card...
> like 9 months ago?
>
> I'm thinking - http://www.reactivated.net/weblog/archives/2008/08/regular-linux-desktops-on-the-xo/

Next, find a regular PC that is capable of reading SD cards. We’re using
a standard desktop plus a USB card reader. Boot that PC from the CD/DVD
installation media that you burned earlier. Proceed through the
installation as usual, but when asked where you would like to install
the operating system, select the SD card.

I think is issue would be the difference in kernel modules for the CF
card readers. I'm booting the installer directly on the XO

> >> I'm wondering if we can craft a just-installed image that can be dd'd
> >> to SD cards.
> >>
> > That seems do-able, I'll try on the weekend to work something up.
>
> Great!

I've got some ideas I want to try: "yum --installroot=" and
anaconda --rootpath=  from within the running os on the XO

Jerry