[Server-devel] XS field stories

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 21:31:30 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:11 AM, Raul Gutierrez Segales
<rgs at rieder.net.py> wrote:
> Is there anyway we could choose the sampling? Like create user groups or
> something so you could get for example only your classmates..

Working _exactly_ on that - search this list's archive for "moodle ejabberd".

>> > And scalability -- can people give success or failure reports with
>> > specific systems as to 100/200/500/1000 kids connected concurrently -
>> > does ejabberd survive?
>>
>> How much RAM have you got? (With enough RAM, ejabberd should have enough for 1K)
>
> 2Gb. Would that be enough?

Sure ok for the 500 user case. For the 1000 user case, with the
current code, you'll probably be tight, perhaps in need of more RAM.
Once I'm done with the work I'm doing, 2GB should be ok, but tight.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com