[Server-devel] Browsing school server

Anna aschoolf at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 13:07:55 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com
> wrote:

> There is an alternative you can also use - less moodle-centric, and
> may be unsupported going forward
>
> 1 - create a new directory: /var/www/mylocalcontent , put your files there
>
> 2 - add a new apache config file in /etc/httpd/conf.d - in that file,
> you need an Alias line, and a <Directory> section. I think it needsto
> be something like
>
>   Alias /mylocalcontent /var/www/mylocalcontent
>   <Directory /var/www/mylocalcontent>
>   order allow,deny
>   allow all
>   </Directory>
>
> 3 - Edit the moodle header include to add a link to that content -
> look in /var/www/moodle/web/themes/xo/header.html

Since, at least for now, we're not going to be using moodle in Birmingham
yet, I renamed

/etc/httpd/conf.d/010-make-moodle-default.conf

to /etc/httpd/conf.d/010-make-moodle-default.conf.orig

and then /var/www/html/ went back to the way it was as in XS 0.4.  In fact,
on my test server, I have /var/www/html on a separate partition on another
physical drive, so it only took an fstab edit to put the web content back.

Anna Schoolfield
Birmingham