[Server-devel] XS 05

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 14:24:09 EST 2009

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Henry Vélez Molina
<henry.laptop at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have been working on the server and we do the upgrade to version
> 05, but we have some difficulties.
>
> Olpc-scripts folder is not in the path / etc / sysconfig /.
>
> Ejabberd service does not exist. Ie "service ejabberd start" prints
> that the service do not exists.

That is *very* strange. Two suggestions

 - I think that when the install starts it offers a menu (very early,
when the installer is booting). That menu has clouds in the
background, and the pre-selected option is "installed with kickstart".
Maybe you changed the option to "install"? The correct option to use
is the one that mentions kickstart...

 - 0.5 has some problems that will drive you crazy - those are fixed
in 0.5.1 . Skip 0.5 and go for 0.5.1-dev3 which I'm planning to
'bless' today or tomorrow as the official 0.5.1 :-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com