[Server-devel] XS 0.5.1-dev03 with ejabberd goodness, kernel bling, Access Point workingness... looking for xmas testers

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 06:00:55 EST 2009

2008/12/30 David Leeming <leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb>:
> -          Installed 0.5 Nov 19th download on Toshiba notebook computer with
> black box prototype AA (USB)

> -          yum --enablerepo=olpcxs-testing update
> -          restart

Just to make double, triple-sure... can you tell us what the ouput of ...?

   rpm -qa ejabberd-xs

> -          One one of 4 XOs, log onto ejabberd web admin and set up shared
> roster "Online"
>
> -          restart
>
> -          start all four XOs and register, then restart

the restart here is just of the XOs, right?

> At this stage I cannot see any other XO...

Damn, this is so strange. Something else must be getting in the way here.

> Log attached

Thanks! I've reviewed the logs. They look very normal to me.

I'm a bit lost here. Something is subtly wrong somewhere. Either in
the procedure you're following or in the software. We need to find out
what it is...

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com