[Server-devel] Accessing Moodle admin account from XO

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Fri Feb 27 22:37:46 EST 2009

Sounds like a good plan Martin!

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Langhoff [mailto:martin.langhoff at gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, 28 February 2009 6:31 a.m.
To: David Leeming
Cc: server-devel
Subject: Re: [Server-devel] Accessing Moodle admin account from XO

2009/2/27 David Leeming <leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb>:
> How can I bring up the login page of Moodle from an XO, or otherwise get
> logged in as admin user?

Good question.

- To find out the admin password, look in /etc/moodle on the server
- In Browse, follow the 'local schoolserver' link
- It'll offer the "who are you?" page - edit the url to say
   http://schoolserver/moodle/login/index.php?showlogin=1

Note note note! This is obviously unusable for a deployment that
doesn't have the likes of you around. Working on that.

Plan A is to clone you and dsd (can you send some DNA samples?), and
ship both of you along with any shipment of more than 10 XOs. Later
we'll organise a clone reunion and throw a big party.

Plan B is that martin gets his s**t together and makes moodle Just Work.

One plan leads to a big party, the other one is just plain hard work.
Why am I hunkering down for the hard work one?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com