[Server-devel] IRC channel/using ejabberdctl

Yifan yifan.sun at students.olin.edu
Wed Feb 18 19:31:13 EST 2009

Hi Martin,

I went into the log files and realized that the domain had a "schoolserver"
tacked in front of my domain name, which solved the previous problem;
apparently I was trying to create an account for a server that didn't really
exist. The specific domain name I was trying to use was
olpcnetworkserver.cfs.mass.org, but I think it's now
schoolserver.olpcnetworkserver.cfs.mass.org.

I'm now running into another problem in this step. Now I'm using

ejabberdctl register admin schoolserver.olpcnetworkserver.cfs.mass.org admin

and getting the error

RPC failed on the node ejabberd at e1534: nodedown

I also attached the log file. (If you want I can also paste it; it's a
rather large file) Do you have any idea what this might be caused by? Thank
you so much for your help!

Yifan

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com