[Server-devel] Collaboration problem again 0.5.1

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Mon Feb 16 18:52:00 EST 2009

I have the 0.5.1 running on the "eBox" (see attached) with a USB prototype
active antenna black type s/n 009.

This is the machine that I had struggled to install via USB. All done now. I
have configured it as usual and registered 2 XOs with 8.2 (my exact method
in configuring the XS is shown bottom of this email).

Initially both XOs were connected and collaborating, 100%. Videochat (for
example) working.

I reboot the system and sure enough, we still the same issue as discussed
earlier on this list. After a reboot they don't collaborate. They are still
connected, can see the Moodle "Who are you?" page, ejabberd status is
showing running, but they don't show up in neighbourhood view.

This is exactly the issue I had earlier using a different machine, with the
same AA.

After rebooting and observing no collaboration, olpc-netstatus on each
laptop shows correct IP addresses plus:

Telepathy: gabble

Jabber: school.oceania.org   (note the name is schoolserver.oceania.org)

XOs: 2 (should be 3 with 2 XOs connected plus server)

Essid: olpc-mesh

School: school.oceania.org

Config: School Mesh

Running Videochat - this runs, no Telepathy error but the laptops don't see
each other

eJabberd admin shows 2 users plus the server, and 2 online users connected
(but they are not collaborating, don't appear in neighbourhood view)

I rebooted everything twice to check.

Then I tried the trick before - delete the 2 XO registered users from
ejabberd "Users" and reboot everything - now it works again

But next reboot back to square 1 no collaborating.....

I thought this was fixed in 0.5.1 ????

I configured the XS like this:

/etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/domain_config oceania.org

Edited /etc/sysconfig/network with name schoolserver.oceania.org

Reboot

chkconfig -level 345 ejabberd on

service ejabberd  start

check  status - ejabberd is running

ejabberdctl register admin schoolserver.oceania.org

with XO go to eJabberd admin, set up shared roster "Online"

Register 2 XOs

Reboot everything

Initially this works 100%. But after a reboot I loose collaboration.

David Leeming

Technical Advisor, People First Network

P.O. Box 652, Honiara, Solomon Islands, South Pacific

Tel: +677 76396(m) 24419(h) 26358 (o-PFnet)

http://wikieducator.org/User:Leeming

Alternative email address: leemingdavid at yahoo.com.au