[Server-devel] mkusbinstall fails

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 22:02:43 EST 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 3:53 PM, David Leeming
<leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb> wrote:
> - insert in XS machine and boot
> - get same error as before

ugh.

There is something going on there... but I am no longer sure if it is
a problem in the procedure you are following or just a hardware
incompatibility.

Overall, USB-based installs are a bit flakey in terms of hardware
compat. Some BIOSes don't always work, and I have seen some machines
where it starts and does not complete. (This is getting much better in
Fedora-10 and 11...)

That's why the wikipage says... in case of trouble, fall back on
CD-ROM installs. Can you try that?

> BTW, where did you see instructions to replace the USB disk partition
> format? I want to make sure we don't have misleading wiki pages...

David - should we be fixing wiki pages anywhere?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com