[Server-devel] XS 0.5.1 RC - Last round of testing...

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 14 11:50:13 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 15:28 +1300, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> > I'm seeing the same errors in the install log as Sameer while installing
> > on an XO. openssl does not get installed, because uname returns as an
> > i586 while there is no openssl.586 in the repo just .686. Just to backup
> > my hunch note that a 586 kernel gets installed as recorded in the
> > install log. "yum repolist" returns the same error as mentioned in the
> > BZ on the XO.
>
> I see Sameer's confirmation. You struck gold with that diagnosis.
>
> On the XO OS we have the same problem, and a quick check reveals that
> we ship openssl i686 on the XS. The disk image build happens on xs-dev
> which reports i686 surely, but it runs on the XO.  Can't find anything
> in the list archives on the matter.
>
> hmmmm.

Martin:

I've done a back2back comparison between revisor and pungi, given the
same kickstart file. Pungi creates media which has the needed
openssl.i386 file in it's Packages directory, while revisor creates one
that excludes the needed file. Think you found a bug in revisor, I feel
that this problem will never get corrected in F9.

Going forward, if I recall you were using revisor mainly to embed the
kickstart file into the media, given that we run the newly created iso
though "mkslim" anyway,(which can add any files to the iso you want)
perhaps we might look at using pungi to spin the release in place of
revisor. As a bonus pungi runs a whole pile faster that revisor in
creating the installation media.

Just my thoughts,

Jerry