[Server-devel] Install from NFS server

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Fri Feb 13 03:03:19 EST 2009

Jerry

The USB install was prepared for me by someone else, loaded with version 0.5.0. It worked fine, but the install failed at the final stage due to some hardware issue which (I am told) is now fixed.

When the 0.5.1 version became available, I replaced the XS image file in the /iso folder of the USB using my Windows PC.

Thereafter I have the problem as below, no matter what image file I put in the /iso folder (including the one that the USB drive came with and which worked before):

- when it asks for the drive and directory containing the image file, it reports "That directory does not appear to contain any OLPC school server images" (or words to that effect)

I am not finding any help on this issue so tried to use the NFS server option. I get to the similar stage when it asks where the iso file is, it obviously finds the NFS share but reports "That directory does not appear to contain an OLPC school server installation tree"

It's all a bit arcane to me.

I could use a USB CDROM drive but I don't have one handy and you cannot buy them in this country.

David Leeming
Technical Advisor, People First Network, Honiara, Solomon Islands