[Server-devel] mod_ctrlextra, shared roster groups and more pubsub fun...

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 00:33:50 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:16 PM, Martin Langhoff
> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do I need to patch mod_ctlextra? Retry with 2.0.2? 2.0.3?
>
> Getting the same behaviour on v2.0.3.

So what we have is that...

 - v2.0.3 behaves the same as 2.0.1 + the EJAB-731 patch ...

 - Using `ejabberdctl srg-user-add`, users added to the group are seen
immediately by existing members of the group, but they fail to see the
preexisting members of the shared roster.

 - If I swap around the calls to push_displayed_to_user() and
push_user_to_displayed() in add_user_to_group(), the bug is reversed
-- the newcomer sees the preexisting members, but those don't get the
news about the new user.

 - Does not appear to be related to new registrations. All the testing
/ debugging is being performed with preexisting accounts.

As a sidenote, I am utterly confused as to how to debug within the
erlang/ejabberd process. If I get "into the running ejabberd" with
`ejabberdctl debug`, I cannot see or affect the data that the clients
are seeing. For example

 # ejabberdctl debug
(...)
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.4 [source] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
[kernel-poll:true]
Eshell V5.6.4  (abort with ^G)
(ejabberd at schoolserver1)1>
mod_shared_roster:list_groups('schoolserver.hp.xs.laptop.org').
[]

However, I do have a group:
# ejabberdctl  srg-list-groups schoolserver.hp.xs.laptop.org
c1

I'd love to be able to prod and poke at the data and functions, but I
seem to be in the wrong place...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com