[Server-devel] Admin User

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 19:31:34 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 9:31 AM, David Leeming
<david at leeming-consulting.com> wrote:
> If the admin XO becomes unavailable or needs to be reflashed how does one
> access the Moodle admin and make a new XO (or the original one reflashed)
> the admin one?

 - If the original one is reflashed, it'll be an admin again :-)

 - For a school with more than one teacher, grant the 'course creator'
right to all the teachers, or all the senior teachers. Course creators
can assign other course creators.

 - If all the course-creator-blessed XOs disappear or are replaced,
yes, you're in a pickle and you'll need root on the server to enable
the true moodle admin and use it to bless another user. Maybe I can
write a commandline script that does that.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com