[Server-devel] Ejabberd CPU/RAM Spike -> Crashes

Devon Connolly devcon at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 07:37:21 EST 2009

> Don't reinstall. If possible, let's try to debug this. If you're going
> to give up, just
>
> 1 - Backup /var/lib/ejabberd -- just tar it up
> 2 - Use the 'domain_config' script to change the domain -- this will
> re-generate the ejabberd mnesia database. What I'd do: change it to
> 'foo.com' and then back to the right domain.

I'd like to debug but I only have about a week left here so I need the
server to be stable before I leave.  I can debug for awhile, but as we
approach the holidays, I may need to throw in the table.

> I assume you have the different APs in different channels, and
> generally avoid channel 1 (as that's where XOs engage in 'mesh' by
> default...)...

What we really need is an RF site survey.  Unfortunately, there is nobody
around that can.  They are on different channels but I am forced to use
all 3 channels in such a small space.  We also have some rude neighbors
that decided to amplify their WIFI on channel 6 essentially blanketing the
school with interference on that channel.  So I have 1 AP on 6, 2 on
channel 1, and 2 on channel 11.

Anyway, back on topic...  Here is that script slightly modified running on
a fresh boot.  I'm going to leave this looping and post the file to
pastebin.  Here is an initial output after only like 10 minutes.  It will
get more interesting over time.  I'll paste another later this afternoon.

http://pastebin.com/m3426a094