[Server-devel] Fwd: F11 testing for XS

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 11 12:52:02 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 21:35 +0545, Daniel Drake wrote:
> 2009/8/10 Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com>:
> > Over the last could of weeks Jerry's been exploring the F11 rebase. Here are
> > his notes.
>
> Thanks. I agree that the Python stuff will be fixed with a rebuild
> (perhaps with some trivial spec file tweaks) and ejabberd should be
> too. olpc-contents and bitfrost are now standard F11 packages but only
> in updates-testing. I just pushed them to stable.

Thanks, will revise my repos.

> remaining hurdles seem to be anaconda specific, have we tried engaging
> the anaconda devs/experts?

That hurdle has been overcome, the revised anaconda files can be
introduced into the installer via an updates.img file. We just need to
include that file on our installer's iso in the /images directory for
anaconda to pick it up and use it. mkslim can be used to add the
updates.img file. That will fix the first issue of the installer
ignoring the repo on the install cd, then enabling the repos that would
be used with a network install.

Anaconda is not revised, post release, in that there is an official
updates.img that is released to use. The usual answer is rawhide, and
that is the next release. That leave you to come up with a fix.

The second issue of grub not being updated correctly would be a case by
case issue, I suspect. I ran into the issue, others may not... YMMV..

Jerry