[Server-devel] iptables generation (was Re: pppd restarting mysteriously)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:55:55 EDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Joshua N Pritikin<jpritikin at pobox.com> wrote:
> Here is the script I promised Martin.

Right - thanks for that! I assume it works well and it's been tested
for normal and ppp0 connectivity over there. How do you trigger it?
Can you load the ruleset even if ppp0 is down?

I am wondering -- do we want local admins teams to be able to add
rules relatively easily, in normal iptables syntax (meaning they can
copy rules from books and howtos)? If so, a template to run through
'sed' might work better?

What do you think?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com