[Server-devel] Marvell Wi-Fi & ejabberd

Miguel Salazar miguelsalazarg at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 16:17:39 EDT 2009

Hi, my name is Miguel Salazar and I'm working on the OLPC Chiapas
deployment. We're working with Intel Classmates notebook computers running
Sugar-on-a-Stick.
The XS Recommended Hardware wiki page states in the Hardware Profile section
that Marvell Wi-Fi nodes are needed, as well as four to six USB interfaces.
We plan to deploy 15 notebooks per classroom, connected on a LAN to an XS
through a router. Are Marvell Wi-Fi nodes absolutely necessary, or can this
be achieved with a Linksys home router? What are the USB interfaces used
for?
Regarding ejabberd running on XS, is this a regular ejabberd (the same one
that can be downloaded) or is this a "patched" version of ejabberd so it can
work with XS?
Any information regarding this will be greatly appreciated!
Greetings!
-Miguel Salazar