[Server-devel] Hoping for assistance with XS 0.5 configuration difficulties (ejabberd)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 12:37:54 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Daniel Bennett <dantana at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am working on an unofficial 100 XO pilot project in Jimeta, Nigeria until
> the end of the month and I've run into a wall configuring the school server.

This list is the right place :-)

> which seems to require user at node.domain which in my case is
> dan at schoolserver.lccnyola.org16:06dbennettif we get any part of that or the

Very weird.

- Have you been following the standard installation instructions at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Installing_Software ?

- What version of the XS are you installing? (should be 0.5.2 :-) )

- If you continue to have problems, please provide as much detail as
you can, and include the logfile from ejabberd - it is stored in
/var/log/ejabberd/

Hope that helps!

This is a well known source of confusion but if you follow the
installation instructions carefully, it will work. There are other
pages discussing ejabberd in the wiki, but they'll confuse you rather
then help you.

For the next release of the XS, all this messy configuration is
automated -- but it's not ready yet.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com