[Server-devel] [Sugar-devel] Notes on service discovery XS/XO

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 04:36:08 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 2:46 AM,  <david at lang.hm> wrote:
> I believe this is exactly what has been done over the last few years in the
> DNS server/DNS cache software. they used to accept extra responses like you
> are trying to make, but nowdays they don't.

As everyone pointed out, I was wrong about plain client resolvers. My
understanding of the tightening of the rules is that resolving servers
-- which could end up with a poisoned cache -- now apply strict rules
to what they accept in the additional section.

But it may well be that things have been tightened further and clients
completely ignore it. I got the "ignore unrelated / non authoritative
entries" memo, maybe there's been an "ignore everything" one.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com