[Server-devel] Gadget on XS

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 04:57:17 EDT 2009

Le mercredi 15 avril 2009 à 11:45 -0400, Dave Bauer a écrit :

> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 5:48 AM, Guillaume Desmottes
> <guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
>         Le vendredi 03 avril 2009 à 10:40 -0400, Dave Bauer a écrit :
>
>         >
>         > AHA! gadget.config.
>         >
>         > Can we add the startup and gadget.config to the README?
>

>         I didn't realise this file was not documented, sorry for that.
>
>         I wrote some words about it in this patch:
>
>         http://git.collabora.co.uk/?p=user/cassidy/gadget;a=commitdiff;h=711fddfc4bdfad75582af776baa3beb532dea083
>
>         Could you review it please? Then I'll merge it to master.
>

>         thanks,
>

>                G.
>
> Tried this based on the documentation you added
> less /etc/gadget/gadget.config

What's the domain of your ejabberd server?

Look for something like that in ejabbed.cfg:
%% Hostname
{hosts, ["jabber.sugarlabs.org"]}.

> server_host = 'localhost'
> server_port = 5560
> domain = 'sugarlabs.org'

In my case the domain here is then:
domain = 'gadget.jabber.sugarlabs.org'

> password = 'XXXXX'
> roster_path = 'gadget.roster'
>

> ejabberd-xs.cfg
>
>   {5560, ejabberd_service, [
>       {ip, {127, 0, 0, 1}},
>       {access, all},
>       {host, "gadget.localhost", [{password, "XXXXX"}]}]}

and here:
 {5560, ejabberd_service, [
      {ip, {127, 0, 0, 1}},
      {access, all},
      {host, "gadget.jabber.sugarlabs.org", [{password, "XXXXX"}]}]},