[Server-devel] Debugging booting problems with F9 on SD card...

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 13 11:01:07 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 08:26 -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 14:44 +0200, Alexander Boström wrote:
> > Maybe something is missing from the initrd. The process of creating it
> > is a bit of a mystery to me, but making sure /dev/root is set up right
> > before generating the initrd seems to work. Try this:
> >
> The initrd is missing the modules mmc_block and sdhci...
> I'm going to try to create /etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd with the missing
> modules listed and re-creating the initrd in the %post of the kickstart
> file.
>
> Jerry
So far I have added to %post:

cat > /etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd << EOF
MODULES="sdhci mmc_block"
EOF

cat > /etc/fstab.xs << EOF
/dev/mmcblk0p1  /         ext3    defaults,noatime 0 0
devpts     /dev/pts  devpts  gid=5,mode=620   0 0
tmpfs      /dev/shm  tmpfs   defaults         0 0
proc       /proc     proc    defaults         0 0
sysfs      /sys      sysfs   defaults         0 0
EOF

/sbin/mkinitrd --fstab=/etc/fstab.xs /boot/initrd.img `ls /lib/modules`

dd'ing the image to CF.. now for testing..

Jerry