[Server-devel] Journal and XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 06:57:21 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 3:35 AM, Tony Anderson <tony at olenepal.org> wrote:
> The current journal is missing some critical capabilities. The DS backup and
> restore is working well in Nepal (our schoolserver is based on XS-0.4).

Good to know about the ds-backup... (try the moodle-based restore too ;-) )

There has been discussion about some of the things you describe, but I
don't think much has happened. I'll keep this marked as good input for
Journal <=> XS interop ideas.

> If possible, there should be a journal 'commons' capability on the
> schoolserver. Specifically, it should be possible to create folders

As a much simpler version of this, I think it'll be extremely easy to
add on the Moodle side a "mark a document as public" and make it
appear in a new "documents" tab to the user profile.

We'll probably want to re-label the "restore" tab as Journal and
"documents" as "activities" while we're at it.

I'll try see if I can do that.

For a more full-blown implementation following what you describe, we
really want o wait for Moodle 2.0 which has some fancy facilities that
will help (in the new "File API").

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com