[Server-devel] soas2-20090403 testing

Dave Bauer dave at solutiongrove.com
Tue Apr 7 09:13:19 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 5:13 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> You are posting to server-devel,so I assume you've got a XS configured
> somewhere.
>
>  - On the laptops
>    - are they associated to the right AP?

They are connected to wired network.

>    - did they get a dhcp lease that comes from the XS?

No they are on the internet.

>    - are they using telepathy-gabble or telepathy-salut
> (olpc-netstatus or its moral equivalent on SoaS should report it, you
> want _gabble_ to be in use for collab via XS)

It should be but I don't know what command ot use to check that. I'll find
out!

>    - did you register the laptops?

No its not registered. I am using jabber.sugarlabs.org (aka
schoolserver.solutiongrove.com).

>  - On the XS
>    - does /home/idmgr/list_registrations list the correct regs?

They are not registered.

>    - ejabberdctl (the cli utility) can tell you what users are connected

Yes I can see they are connected.

>    - in /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd-xs.conf - change the logging setting
> to debug, then the log will show the XML being exchanged

Of course, I'll try that, thanks.

>  - Are you using Gadget? You got to tell us these things, can't help
> you debug without explicit information ;-)

Nope gadget is turned off.
I apologize if I did not provide enough information. I am learning as I go.
Is there a wiki page that explains how to debug the server side of
collaboration?

Thanks.
Dave

> cheers,
>

> martin
>
> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 8:35 PM, Dave Bauer <dave at solutiongrove.com> wrote:
> > Collaboration works with write and maze, chat.
> > I have a strange precense problem.
> >
> > Two laptops next to each other, both running soas2-20090403 off usb.
> >
> > Can see each other in neighbordhood view.
> >
> > Laptop A can see activities shared by Laptop B in neighborhood view.
> > Laptop B cannot see the activiteis shared in neighordhood view. WHen
> laptop
> > A shares an activity, the icon moves in the neighbordhood on B but no
> > activity icon appears even if I invite explicitly.
> >
> > ANy ideas?
> >
> > --
> > Dave Bauer
> > dave at solutiongrove.com