[Server-devel] phantom USB-Ethernet problem

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Sat Apr 4 21:35:34 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-04 at 11:16 +0200, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org> wrote:
> > Please disregard my frantic e-mails about the USB-Ethernet problem. It
> > turns out that the USB-Ethernet NIC was not at fault, even when using a
> > USB 1.1. USB-Ethernet. However, I would not recommend using it on the
> > LAN side, since it has much lower throughput than a USB 2.0
>
> Interested to hear what you find to be a workable solution as
> secondary nic for something like an mswind.

will let you know. These mini-desktop PC's are in IMHO the best option
for the XS in terms of performance to cost ratio, power consumption, and
extensibility. There are other super-low power PC's, but they tend to be
3x more expensive and you usually can't easily add a bigger Hard drive
or more RAM later according to needs.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director