[Server-devel] mkslim: shed off XS weight

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 22:45:12 EDT 2008

Hi Jerry,

I've merged the mkslim I found in the url you posted - wondering
whether stage2 works and in general how "done" it is...

in any case,  I've run a quick check

 - cp -P does not imply --recursive, so I reverted to -a
 - the 3rd param was not optional, and without it, I think t tried to
overlay /* -- oops!

the resulting image is 580MB - good! - but it doesn't even try to boot
- not so good. Haven't looked into why -- I'm still on a Moodle
rampage ;-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com