[Server-devel] XS version question

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Wed Sep 17 18:31:58 EDT 2008

hi Greg

> How do you tell what XS version you have installed? Someone tried the
> usual way but it only gives me the Fedora version.
>
> [root at schoolserver ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
> Fedora release 7 (Moonshine)

Good question.  Part of the answer is that that will work in 0.5 and onwards:

[root at schoolserver1 ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
OLPC School Server release 9-0.5

This falls out of Martin's work in creating a proper installer.

Perhaps the simplest way with 0.4 and earlier is something like:

[root at schoolserver1 ~]# yum repolist | grep -i xs
olpcxs               OLPC School Server xs-0.5 - i386          enabled

Douglas