[Server-devel] Looking at edublog moodle code --

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 03:48:28 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking briefly at edublog's moodle code. Was hoping to be able to
> cherry-pick the patches making the html editor changes, but your
> "initial" moodle commit is with the _modified_ moodle already...?

ok. not all is lost. Pickaxe tells me there are only 11 commits that
edublog could be based on. And after a bit of eyeballing this, the
winner is...

       93b972796293cd7da5824ab4e49c4ee7be8ab788

still - the delta is very large. Perhaps because all the editors were
at play in the early days, or for other reasons but a ton of code
seems to have been 'touched' and I cannot easily tell what's
interesting and what's noise. This is going to be hard work :-/

[ Over the years hacking on projects with lots of people in them, I've
ended up with fairly high expectations for a patch. So what I am
hoping for is the kind of patch described in Andrew Morton's "the
perfect patch" document. Rather hard to do, I know. ]

Still, I might steal a few bits and pieces from your Edublog branch.
Just looking around -...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com