[Server-devel] Libertas firmware on F9 for the XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 03:32:45 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 6:36 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> That sounds fantastic.

In my enthusiasm, I missed one bit:

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 12:30 PM, Deepak Saxena <dsaxena at laptop.org> wrote:
> I will build something against your F9 kernel that you
> can test

The "that you can test" is a bit tricky.

How do you guys do interop testing? For the 802.11s my guess is that
therea re test scripts you run between Libertas devices and
non-Libertas devices (the D-link 802.11s, or various hw running
open80211s)?

For thinmac there's a "slightly larger" set of interop candidates. I
don't know how stable/usable thinmac is but it'll probably be
extremely useful on the XS, and people will expect to use it with a
variety of devices.

In any case, that will mean considerable testing resources -- time and
equipment in my Wellington office -- so that I can capture logs for
you. Doesn't seem to be most efficient way.

The Libertas team must have a access to suitable equipment, and more
expertise than mine to better choose tests to run. Can you guys give
me a release that has seen some some testing in the areas that you
think are most risky / interesting, as well as the main use cases?

This is software I will be telling people is good-to-deploy on
thousands of schools in hard-to-reach locations.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com