[Server-devel] Expected date for 8.2.0

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Thu Sep 11 11:24:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 6:21 PM, Douglas Bagnall
<douglas at paradise.net.nz> wrote:

> This might also focus the minds of prospective designers: rather than
> struggling to incorporate the letters X and S, try to make your logo
> look like a school.

I've been wondering about this.  My understanding is that it's called
an XO because the X and O
kind of look like a person.  (And make it not language specific.)  XS
is language specific.
Now I can't think of any letters you could use make a picture of a
server (or even what a 'server' looks like),
however, when the strictures of typography are eliminated why should X
or S be there at all.
I can't think of any of the XO Activities that use letters/words in
their icons at all...

Bill Bogstad

P.S. I checked the Activities page:  ABC Hangman, Epals, a couple of
wiki related activities with stylized W,
and C: for dos emulator.  In those cases, using letters make sense.