[Server-devel] What's cooking in the XS pot this week (2008-09-08)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:52:38 EDT 2008

Last week,

 - Douglas Bagnall mostly worked on enabling the laptops to update
activities from their local school server, but he also had time to
refactor the registration server and work on the xs-activation
package.

 - Martin worked on F9 - the new Fedora 9 based School Server build
installs and upgrades following the same defaults as the previous
versions. There are few minor issues still to resolve, but the F9 port
is pretty much done.

 - Lots of help from Jerry, Robin Norwood and others from the Fedora side

Today, I am trying really hard to wrap up remaining F9 issues. This
week is going to be focused on feature work for xs-0.5! (Wooohoo!),
and we have until the end of the month to work on xs-0.5 . The roadmap
looks roughly like this:

   https://dev.laptop.org/query?group=status&milestone=xs-0.5

now, that's an optimistic roadmap. We'll put a ton of work in, and yet
quite a few things will not make it. If you care about the XS, *now*
is the time to show your hand and help a bit...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com