[Server-devel] Browsing internet prb

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 04:38:18 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 9:45 PM, dagne.semu <dagne.semu at ecbp.biz> wrote:
> I have installed XS -0.4 it handles XOs properly and tested from XO like
> :"ping 127.... and ping schooleserver"
> and it is successful.

Excellent!

> Based on your question :
> the server properly leases.

Good.

> we don't use Ms proxy .

Better! :-)

> The XS Has one NIC connected to WS2003 and there is no router/gateway.
> now I am checking what was missing.....

Alright. Are the laptops connecting to the internet now? Or stull
having problems? If you are still having problems, we do need to know
more about your network.

 - IP netblock on the LAN?
 - IP address that the XS is using on eth0?
 - Are you using "active antennas" (AAs) from OLPC to connect the XOs to the XS?
 - Are you using a conventional Access Point (AP)? If so, how is the
AP connected to the XS?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com