[Server-devel] Anaconda install - conflicts over ifcfg-eth0

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 07:31:07 EDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 11:15 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Are you using a kickstart file? Sounds like the net config is coming from
>> that.

> The test dvd installed the ifcfg-eth0 with the options(dhcp here)
> from the ks.file that I used. The ifcfg-eth0.rpmnew has the goods.

The ks file does have a network line, that mentions eth0, but I saw
the problem with both eth0 and eth1. I can retry without the network
line but doubt it'll fix it.

Looking at anaconda, there are 2 places that write new ifcfg files -
loader.c seems to write a temp one in the tmpfs and network.py seems
to write the ones I'm fretting about.

> Maybe just have network_config fix the .rpmnew issue if needed, if the
> XS_SERVER_NUM is not set, that would be the clear clue to overwrite the
> stock ifcfg file, IMHO. Still would need to run domain_config anyway, so
> it's not like everything can run out of the box on first boot...

Yes, that's the nasty fix I have in my backpocket. Hoping for a way to
tell anaconda to not mess with network files on the target.... :-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com