[Server-devel] Work in progress - F9 install ISO

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 4 23:51:05 EDT 2008

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
>> Having had a look at the dvd, the size could be reduced by about 200meg by
>> deleting everything in the /images directory except for stage2.img and
>> re-rolling the iso. Then the boot.iso should be made available by its self,
>> should someone who can't boot from usb need to use it.
>> But, if the size of the dvd.iso is reduced as above, then it should fit on a
>> single standard cdr. Looking for feedback first before I proceed.
>
> Hmmm - are you thinking of a 'thinning' script that cuts all that fat
> out post pungi or revisor build? Sounds reasonable to me...

Sure that works too, but the right way would be to fix buildinstall.
Think I'll go check anaconda's git to see if its still the same. That
sounds like a bug to me.

> At the moment I'm playing with revisor too. The resulting img is about
> the same size as with Pungi :-/ It's only 411MB of packages, and
> /images weights 325MB.

Why leave the boot.iso in tree before building disc1, that is what is
causing the bloat. It was ok when boot.iso was only 15meg, but now...

> cheers,

Jerry