[Server-devel] new package: xs-activation

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 08:56:21 EDT 2008

Hi Martin and Erik,

Thanks for the replies.

- On work flow for this, I think there is a little more detail needed.
e.g. you need a wireless AP setup, right? Anything else? Any special
name or ESSID needed on AP? You may be able to explain the stuff around
the XO by linking to the relevant XS setup documentation.

- On "Can you put this feature on the roadmap:" I see that it has Trac
#1504 but I don't see this very useful Readme (or Specification) that
Douglas wrote linked anywhere.
Can we include that somewhere off the roadmap?

The nice thing is that this will become the documentation so Douglas is
way ahead of the curve already :-)

- On users, can someone run this design by the technical leads in Peru
and Ethiopia and get their input and sign off?

We sometimes have a hard time coordinating communication with the users
so let's exchange one round of e-mail to be clear on who gathers this
input before we all hit them with slightly different e-mails at the same
time.

FYI on Peru, I put everything I heard from them (albeit second hand)
here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/9.1.0#Peru

They expressed strong interest in lease management (AKA how long an XO
is activated for how it gets deactivated and reactivated when needed
etc). Can we include any details about how this feature interacts with
that? It may be that this works exactly the same as activating from USB
stick so n/a for lease management changes but my impression is that Peru
will want to know.

Thanks,

Greg S