[Server-devel] Browsing internet prb

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 03:03:05 EDT 2008

Hi Dagne,

Good to hear your start with the XS was good. I need to ask a few
questions to understand what you have, and what you need.

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:07 PM, dagne.semu <dagne.semu at ecbp.biz> wrote:
> I have installed XS latest version and the XS detects the XO,s

First - _which_ version of the XS? Between your previous email and
now, we've released xs-0.4 ...

How does it detect the XOs?
 -  Is it handing out DHCP leases properly?
 - Can the XOs `ping schoolserver`?
 - Can the XOs register?

> however
> i have still a problem
> sharing internet to the XO,s because the only  gateway i can access WAN
> is through Windows Network 2003 Active Directory.

Do you mean there is a router/gateway running Windows Server 2003?

 - Does your XS have 2 network cards, one of them connected to the
network where the WS2003 machine is?
 - Does the WS2003 gateway serve dhcp leases?
 - Does the WS2003 gateway require that clients use MS Proxy?

> I have checked the schoolserver  it doesn't include SAMBA configuration.

Samba is something else completely.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com