[Server-devel] [Techteam] signing leases.sig [Fwd: new package: xs-activation]

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Tue Sep 2 16:31:19 EDT 2008

Scott wrote:

> The bitfrost.leases.crypto module contains routines to verify a given
> activation lease or developer key; the intention was that the school
> server never replace a valid key with an invalid or shorter key.

The trouble is the server doesn't necessarily know the laptop's UUID,
so it can't verify the lease.

If the XO is registered with the server, the UUID is available, but
how can the child first register without a lease?

The server could of course trust leases for unknown laptops and
verify the registered ones.  I'll work on that.

Douglas