[Server-devel] xs-config 4.1 - F9 networking is all go

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 00:10:12 EDT 2008

After a ton of work, it looks like the xs-config package is in good
shape -- at least good enough to ask people to look at it.

I haven't tested it thoroughly but it should

 - clean install ok
 - upgrade from xs-0.4 ok (less certain about this, some generated
ifcfg files could block it...)
 - be much more friendly to "local configuration"

I'm drafting a README.network to explain how it works, testing it, and
adding some utilities that are needed. We still mangle bits of /etc -
it's not a package that would be acceptable to Fedora - but we're
inching towards being a saner package.

I'm very interested in feedback on the scheme I am using for

 - the new ifcfg-<devname>, route-<devname> files
 - network_config in general
 - dhcpd (see altfiles/etc/sysconfig/dhcpd.in)
 - iptables (see altfiles/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config.in)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com