[Server-devel] RFH: Script to make installable USB stick

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 03:08:31 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:

>> See the usb based install thread.
>
> I'm going to have to take some of that back, just checked anaconda's git,
> tree-based sources have been re-enabled for harddrive installs if preupgrade
> is passed, but that is for F10.

I'm not following you 100% here :-/

> Space saving of about 6.5% with the rpms on a squash filesystem, is that
> worth it?

Ho-hum...6.5% and a good long wait when you're building it? ;-)

I think it is handy to have the rpms in the uncompressed usb stick -
it automounts and you can be reading/installing the rpms straight
away.

Shedding X seems more fun, but up to you. I'm slaving away with the
little details of teh network...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com