[Server-devel] xs-otp: one time passwords for the XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 05:22:44 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Bill Bogstad <bogstad at pobox.com> wrote:
> Here's a crazy implementation idea for adding pre-boot security code

I've discussed a few ideas similar to this with Wad -- he's the man to
talk to about hw. Definitely possible, and definitely too complex /
hard to get into at the moment. We might find an opportunity to do it,
but right now there are more immediate things to do.

And at the end of the day, you just remove the damn PCI card and
voila! Even if you soldered to the MB, thieves can scavenge HD and
other bits.

There are enough distractions as it is -- let's focus on things we can
do *right now* so we move from opinions to actions. There is a ton of
low-hanging fruit on the XS track, (for example, have a look at the
moodle plan in the wiki) -- it'll be great if you could lend us a
hand.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com