[Server-devel] xs-otp: one time passwords for the XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 12:01:40 EDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
>> "Physical security is not our problem"... (at least yet).
>
> Still sure that you want the XS to be involved in the theft-deterrence
> protocol? :)

of course :) ! I guess I mean that the XS should be in a locked up
cabinet. It will provide theft-deterrence to protect the XOs but
without custom hw (that can do bitfrost or something similar) for the
XS itself, you better ensure the XS is physically safe.

Last time I paid attention to this aspect of security, the general
consensus was that if you don't have physical security you are in a
nasty bind. Our bitfrost firmware and custom hw make things better,
but I'm not aware of any scheme *without* something like bitfrost that
has a reasonable cost-benefit (or complexity-benefit) ratio.

Perhaps you're thinking of something specific that's promising?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com