[Server-devel] xs-otp: one time passwords for the XS

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 11:46:17 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 7:33 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> Do the XS installation instructions offer any guidance on prohibiting
> booting with init=/bin/bash, booting from external media, or simply
> removing the XS hard drive and manipulating it from a separate machine?

"Physical security is not our problem"... (at least yet). If an XS
deployment can do really custom hw, then we can help them use a scheme
similar to what we have on the XO to only boot signed images, to
controlled runlevels, etc.

But that's unlikely to happen in the near future (AFAIK), so any
deployment that wants safety for their XSs will want to consider
physical security a must.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com