[Server-devel] Offline moodle notes in moodle.org

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Oct 17 17:01:10 EDT 2008

John,
Would you mind forwarding me your notes regard your discussions with google.  I am starting a similar discussion with google on behalf of Sugar Labs.
I think that we can leverage the availability of sugar in developed nations to offset the cost of creating the services that OLPC is looking for in their markets.
thanks
David

On  10/14/2008, 15:08, John Watlington (wad at laptop.org) wrote:This discussion should move to devel at l.o, as it refers to software running on the laptop, not the server.  Some context for my comment:  I had told them that we were working with schools that were completely offline (although with servers).   The problem might have been a mismatch with their business model more than a mismatch of technologies.  I'm looking for the name/address of the software architect I was speaking to.   But, SJ already brought up this question on devel back in February, and cc'ed a gears developer (attached).  cheers, wad  > From: "Samuel Klein"  > Date: February 16, 2008 1:21:36 PM EST > To: "edward baafi" , "OLPC Devel"   >  > Cc: Ben Lisbakken , Luke Closs   > , Marco Pesenti Gritti ,   > Dan Bricklin  > Subject: Re: using the browser as an activity platform : pyxpcom /   > hulahop / Gears > > The core use here is being able to use the browser as activity > platform -- letting web developers good
at JS code and test on most > any platform, and develop something that can be a first-class activity > within Sugar.  One example is Dan's javascript spreadsheet, anothe ris > a dynamic library (see for instance > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Dynamic_library), another is an existing web > service online that one might want to run locally. > > In addition to pyxpcom, let me add Google Gears as a useful piece of > this platform, especially when offering local use of popular online > tools.  Off the top of my head, MediaWiki, MindMeister, I copy Ben > Lisbakken, a gears maintainer, who reports that there is a Gears patch > to make it work without extension support...  Ben, I'll also introduce > you to marcopg separately. _______________________________________________ Server-devel mailing list Server-devel at lists.laptop.org http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/server-devel