[Server-devel] Getting closer: XS-0.5-dev5 "preview"

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 22:52:46 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 7:43 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Just so you know, service dhcpd "anything" or /etc/init.d/dhcpd "anything"
> from the keyboard is broken... until you change away from the built-in
> defaults. "You must run the *_config before DHCPd can run", is the meat of
> the error message.

Good point. Some commands (condrestart, status) might not need this.
There is a nasty bit of circularity between this and the fact that
domain_config tries to exec the init script itself.  But I think I can
live with this issue for now -- until we reimplement domain_config.

> See dhcpd.in, might want to bind only to the bonding devices here also.

I've already changed the dhcp config to bind the right bonding devices :-)

> The ifcfg-lanbond0:1, ifcfg-lanbond0:2 ip address variable is wrong, that
> s/b $XS_LANDBOND0_  or change network_config

good catch - fixed.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com