[Server-devel] physical security of the XS and XO-as-XS

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 10:43:19 EDT 2008

I have been discussing these issues off-list w/ Greg Smith. I will
summarize some of our discussion and then reply to Sameer about physical
security for the XS and to the general suggestion that the XO can serve
as an XS. I have paraphrased Greg's question, don't blame him if I have
bastardized his phrasings.

Here is the quick gist, 1) a lot of poor schools can gather the funds to
take care of the XS if shown the potential benefits and 2) IMHO using
the XO as XS is not a good idea.

Q: Are most of your target schools likely to have Internet and
money/power to have a server?