[Server-devel] physical security issue

Pia Waugh greebo at pipka.org
Thu Oct 9 17:59:33 EDT 2008

Hi all,

<quote who="John Watlington">

>     We currently do not recommend that an AA be used in schools.
> Scalability with AAs is a problem, due to problems with the mesh
> protocols.   Hence my comment about likely needing an external
> USB/network interface for the upstream connection.
>
> This might make the physical security problem easier to solve,
> as now the server can be located anywhere in the school, and
> only the AP needs to be positioned for optimum wireless coverage.

I'm doing a reasonable AA trial and I'll post how it goes to the list soon.
It seems to be working quite well though in initial tests.

Cheers,
Pia

--
OLPC Australia                                           http://olpc.org.au/
Linux Australia                                         http://linux.org.au/

                 "I dig your vibe." - Rove McManus to Ice T