[Server-devel] physical security issue

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Wed Oct 8 13:37:08 EDT 2008

Sameer,
    We currently do not recommend that an AA be used in schools.
Scalability with AAs is a problem, due to problems with the mesh
protocols.   Hence my comment about likely needing an external
USB/network interface for the upstream connection.

This might make the physical security problem easier to solve,
as now the server can be located anywhere in the school, and
only the AP needs to be positioned for optimum wireless coverage.

wad