[Server-devel] Key features for upcoming XS releases

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 23:25:21 EDT 2008

Greg Wrote:
> Sorry I sent that last e-mail before reading the full list.
>
> If Bryan needs Dansguardian built in that's good enough for me. I take
> back what I said about it not being critical.

For us and others. To currently set up Dansguardian from a vanilla XS
iso you have to do the following:

1) Configure Squid to run properly
2) Install Dansguardian
3) Install the content filters for Dansguardian
4) Configure IPTables to route incoming port 80 requests to Squid then
to DG. This is not a trivial task :)

> Let's put it on the roadmap for 0.6 and see if we can make it happen in
> time for Nepal to deploy it.
>
> Bryan,
>
> What is the delivery date of a tested and working version which will
> meet your time frame? I want to make sure we give it you with enough
> lead time so you can test it before you put it in production.

Mid-November would be great.

We will set up what we have running at the Dept of Ed in the 1st week of
November. We would like to roll out a tested, more fully-featured XS
sometime in November but we don't have a firm date. If the XS of the
time doesn't meet our needs, we'll hack up a temporary solution to make
due.

Thanks for your continued attention to the needs of deployments.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director