[Server-devel] What's cooking in the XS pot this week (2008-10--01)

Andrew McMillan andrew at morphoss.com
Fri Oct 3 05:43:24 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 18:57 +1300, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> Am I right in thinking that DG is actually a custom apache or an
> apache with a custom config + a DG module?

Hi Martin,

I don't think that's correct...

As I understand it, Dansguardian is a layer that sits in front of squid.
The client connects on port X and then if DG wants to it passes the
request on to Squid on port Y.

The webserver needs to be there as well in order to have somewhere to
redirect the requests that are denied.

Cheers,
					Andrew.