[Server-devel] [ejabberd] ejabberd tests with old and new TLS code

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 16:50:06 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 5:34 AM, Douglas Bagnall
<douglas at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> With the @online@ shared roster, I have found a small decrease in both
> memory and CPU consumption with the new tls code, as shown here:
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ejabberd_resource_tests/tls_comparison

The graphs all have different y scales, which makes them hard to
compare. Can you fix them easily to all be with the same y scale? Or
put a big blinking warning -

> These are different tests than the one I reported a few weeks ago,
> which was conducted without the shared roster.

Well, _without_ the shared roster and without the new tls patch it did
seem that ejabberd peaked at 1MB per connection even at low numbers of
connections. This test now shows rather different numbers... now with
or without the patch the added marginal mem use is very low at the low
connection numbers. I doubt having @online@ set reduces mem usage...
Something is suspect here, or am I reading the numbers wrong?

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com