[Server-devel] Mini ejabberd workplan notes...

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Tue Nov 18 01:06:21 EST 2008

Martin wrote:
>  - idmgr needs an extra column to track 'initial group'. Default to
> all the same (base) group. If registrations exceed a low threshold
> (say, 40) we start splitting them into groups according to day of the
> week,

More as an implementation detail than anything else, it is easier to
assign the groups from the beginning, but only use them when the
threshold is reached.  Otherwise, upon the 40th registration you need
to decide how to assign groups to the first 39.  Timestamps could be
used, of course, but other troublesome cases abound -- for instance,
if the threshold is raised or lowered, how are the affected XOs
treated?

So: I think we should group them from the beginning and have a global
threshold below which the groups have no effect.  It's almost done.

Douglas